- To sync a Roku Voice remote, you do not need to press the pairing button. Instead, you can use the Roku mobile app.
- There is a pairing button on the Roku Voice Remote, but if it doesn’t work, you can use your phone to control the Roku.
- The Roku Simple Remote doesn’t have a pairing button because it uses infrared and doesn’t need to be paired.
Most Roku streaming media devices are easy to pair because the pairing button is on the back of the remote. Just press it for a few seconds, and your Roku player or TV should connect automatically.
But if your remote doesn’t have a pairing button or if that button doesn’t work, you’ll need to try something else. Here’s what you need to know to pair your Roku remote with your media player or Roku TV.
How to pair a Roku remote that doesn’t have a pairing button
If your Roku remote has no pairing button at all—either on the bottom of the remote or in the battery compartment—you have a Roku simple remote, which uses infrared light to talk to your Roku device.
An IR remote does not need to be paired. Instead, you need to point the remote right at the Roku device. You need to be able to see both the remote and the Roku player at the same time. There’s no need to pair the devices; just put the batteries in and make sure they can see each other.
How to pair a Roku remote whose pairing button is broken
If your Roku remote has a pairing button that doesn’t work, you might still be able to pair it with your media player or TV, but you’ll have to do it through the Roku mobile app on your phone. Make sure you have the Roku app for iPhone or Android before you start.
- Open the Roku app and, at the bottom of the screen, tap Remote.
- Using the remote, go to Settings and then Remotes & Devices.
- Select Set up a new device.
- Put a checkmark in the box next to Remote, and then click Continue.
If you need to, put batteries in the remote and let the Roku figure out where it is. If the remote isn’t already paired with another device, they should connect. But if the remote is already working with another device, the Roku won’t be able to find it.
If none of the steps above work, you might need to buy a new remote.
READ MORE ARTICLES: